Applying for Social Security disability benefits can be difficult. One of the most common mistakes made by those applying for Social Security disability benefits is not working with a law firm due to the belief that it is expensive. Here at Miller & Drozdowski, P.C., no attorney fee is paid unless you win. If your claim is won, the attorney fee is a percentage of the past due benefits you and your family are awarded (usually 25%). As a Social Security law firm near Oak Ridge, there are several other mistakes we see made by those applying for disability benefits. We have compiled a list of the 7 biggest mistakes we have seen claimants make.
- Not reapplying if a condition they were denied for becomes worse.
- Not appealing a denied claim.
- Just accepting ‘yes’ an answer – accepting a late onset date and reducing the back benefit award.
- Not requesting prior applications be reopened.
- Not gathering all the appropriate medical records.
- Believing that a simple doctor’s note saying that you are “disabled” will qualify them for disability benefits.
- Filing a claim without talking to an experienced Social Security law firm near Oak Ridge.
Social Security Law Firm Oak Ridge
Here at Miller & Drozdowski, P.C., we are experienced at all levels of the Social Security administrative process. We are ready to help you with all forms for your disability claim. We understand that Social Security regulations can be complex and the process can become frustrating. Get started on your initial application with our Social Security Law Firm near Oak Ridge. Submit your free case evaluation today!